Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Escher Ants

A CG image inspired by M. C. Escher's Mobius Strip II, which has always been one of my favorites. It's nowhere near an exact reproduction, but it's good enough to make me happy. And in case you're wondering, Yes, those are the exact same ant models I used for Prometheants in last week's post. Since I'd already put the effort into modeling, texturing, and rigging them I figured I might as well use it again. And for some reason, whenever I think "Ants" I think about M. C. Escher, so that seemed like the obvious next move.

This is available as on Cafepress as posters ("small" and "mini") as well as on Zazzle as both posters and cards. It's been a long time and I don't remember too clearly, but I think the mobius strip model here is the same one I re-purposed when I made my 1 Sided Die.

Here's turntable I rendered:

No comments:

Post a Comment